Gear Sets in The Division 2
Gear consists of different gear slots that are listed below. And for each of those slots you can find gear that will give you not only armor value, but also additional status effects. Just keep in mind that a higher level or higher quality item works better for you. Before switching gear check the bonuses and values to see if it’s worth it.
Gear mods of various kinds also exist, but little is known about them. Higher gear has usually more gear mod slots and number of slots vary on the same piece. If you have more mod slots, it might be that you have less fixed bonuses on a piece of gear. Gear Mods consist of Gear System Mods and Gear Protocol Mods.
The higher quality the gear, the more more attributes (including mod slots and talents) the gear might have. The quality for the gear is the same as for weapons (see below listed from worst):
- Worn (White)
- Standard (Green)
- Specialized (Blue)
- Superior (Purple)
- High-End (Yellow)
Starting at Specialized gear, it can also have talents. Some gear can even have multiple talents, so look for a higher quality gear. Please see gear talents listed below.
- Blacksmith: Kill an enemy with your sidearm and repair 25% of your armor. Occurs once every 10s. Five or more shields required.
- Capacitive: +20% skill duration
- Clutch: Critical hits restore 15% health and repair 2% armor (Requires: While using an AR/SMG/LMG)
- Destructive: +20% explosive damage
- Devastating: +5% weapon damage
- Entrench: Headshots from cover repair 5% of your armor. (A rifle/marksman weapon required to be used)
- Hard Hitting: +15% damage to elites
- Hardened: +10% Armor
- Insulated: +10% hazard protection
- On the Ropes: +25% weapon damage increased while all skills are on cool down or at zero charges. Seven or more batteries required.
- Payload: +50% explosive damage for 15s for destroying enemy’s asset. Four or less shields required.
- Restorative: 10% health on kill
- Self Adjusting: +20% armor regeneration
- Spotter: +10% weapon damage to pulsed enemies
- Surgical +8% critical hit chance
- Terminate: +35% skill damage for 15s for depleting enemy’s armor.
- To Order: “Cook”grenades by holding the fire button. This makes them explode earlier.
- Unbreakable: repair 25% of max armor when it’s depleted. Armor kits used within the next 5s are not consumed. (Requirement: No other active talents affecting armor kits)
- Vital: Health increased by 20%
Many gear items are branded and once you combine several gear items of the same brand you unlock extra bonuses to the existing ones (1 to 3 bonuses so far).
Below you find all the brands listed that are present in the Division 2. The bonus behind each brand is tier 1 at first, then tier 2 and finally tier 3. Tier 3 bonus is unavailable until you have reached tier 2 by wearing two same brand items.
- 5.11 Tactical: +5% Protection from Elites, +10% Extra Incoming Healing, +10% Weapon Handling
- Airaldi Holdings: +10% Accuracy, +10% Headshot Damage, +10% Marksman Rifle Damage
- Alps Summit Armament: +15 Hive Skill Power, +10% Cooldown Reduction, +5% Skill Power
- Badger Tuff: +15% Armor % on Kill, +15 Chem Launcher Skill Power, +7% Damage to Elites
- China Light Industries Corporation: +10% Explosive Damage, +10% Cooldown Reduction, +10% Shotgun Damage
- Douglas & Harding: +10% Critical Hit Damage, +5% Accuracy, +7% Critical Hit Chance
- Fenris Group AB: +20% Health on Kill, +10% Assault Rifle Damage, +10% Protection from Elites
- Gila Guard: +20% Hazard Protection, +15 Pulse Skill Power, +5% Total Armor
- Murakami Industries: +15% Firefly Skill Power, +8% Health, +10% Hazard Protection
- Overlord Armaments: +10% Rifle Damage, +7.5% Total Armor, +7% Damage to Elites
- Petrov Devense Group: +15 Turret Skill Power, +10% LMG Damage, +10% Cooldown Reduction
- Providence Defense: +10% Skill Power, +8% Health, +5% Weapon Damage
- Sokolov Concern: +10% SMG Damage, +8% Critical Hit Damage, +15 Seeker Skill Power
- Yaahl Gear: +10% Weapon Handling, +8% Hazard Protection, +5% Weapon Damage
- Richter & Kaiser GmbH: +10% Hazard Protection, +20% Pistol Damage, +15 Shield Skill Power
- Wyvern Wear: +15% Drone Skill Power, +7% Critical Hit Damage, +10% Critical Hit Chance
From Gear Sets you can get the most powerful buffs. They are never branded and have bonuses for 5 and 6 pieces. Below are the already know Gear Sets in Division 2:
- Ongoing Directive
- Hard Wired
- True Patriot